Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Doctors Visits



 

January 2: first ultrasound at NFC. Saw twins and heard the heartbeats. 132 and 134. Both babies looked perfect in size. Today I am 6 weeks 6 days

1/2/13



January 16: 2nd ultrasound at NFC. Both babies are growing at 20.8 and 21.8. Today I am 8 weeks 6 days. I have a small hemorrhage that caused some bleeding but should go away on its own. After this visit I am released to my OB at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.


1/16/13


January 30: Saw my OB for the first time. A new chapter! Today I am 11 weeks. Babies look great. Heartbeats were 174 and 183. We saw some hand motion on the relaxed baby and alot of moving from the active one. They have grown tremendously. The hemorrhage is no longer there!
 
1/30/13
 
 
February 27: Today was our second ultrasound with our OB. Today was going to be a big day as we could possibly find out the gender of both babies. Well..... we were able to determine the gender. (Check out "reveal party" here) Today's ultrasound was different. I was able to lay down and watch the ultrasound on a screen on the wall. What miracles we saw. Today they weighed 4 oz about the size of a half of a can. Their heartbeats were both 157 which they said was rare but very cool. How unique! Both babies were very active today and measured perfect. We were able to see the spine, feet, legs, hear the heartbeat and see it beating, we saw their arms and little hands move. I also noticed a little pug nose. Dr. Crowe said everything looked perfect. The babies are now positioned beside one another. 

 
"Baby A"
2/27/13
 
"Baby B"
2/27/13
 
March 25, 2013 (19weeks): Ultrasound was very short today. The boys are growing and heart rates looked good. They are still growing on track. They did not move alot during this ultrasound today. But it's always so exciting and surreal to see them each appointment.
 
 

 
April 8, 2013 (20 1/2 weeks): Today's ultrasound was very long as we had the anatomy scan and I had my glucose test. The anatomy scan took an hour and a half only because baby A decided to not be still so the nurse could check his profile. By almost 2 hours she stopped and will try next appt since baby A wouldn't cooperate, however, he did give us a wave. They have grown so much. Right when the nurse began to scan on the monitor and right off I noticed baby B is a thumb sucker. As I know this is a bad habit, I was so thrilled to see his precious thumb in his mouth as I was a thumb sucker. Baby A seemed to be performing acrobats in his picture. Both weigh 14 oz and are measuring perfectly. Right now I am only feeling flutters that feel somewhat like butterflies in my stomach and tiny small kicks every now and then. Today was also special as my mother and father-in-law were able to see their grand babies. It was a special moment for them. I was so glad they were able to see the boys. Jeff (father-in-law) made the comment while looking at the monitor, " how can anyone say there is no God as we gaze at these 2 miracles?" I do wonder the same thing. It's so incredible how God designed a woman's body to carry his child or children. It truly is miraculous. Everyday I thank God for allowing me to feel the 2 lives he's blessed Jared and I with. I've longed to feel what a miracle feels like and am so thankful God has entrusted me with his children.
 
May 1, 2013 (23 1/2 weeks)
Today was just a routine check-up. My ultrasound was taken upstairs with the Fetal medicine Group to get a better look at where my placenta is. The ultrasound showed my placenta is still covering my cervix completely. Our prayer is that the placenta moves. The US tech did another anatomy scan of the boys. Aiden weighs 1.8 and Taylor weighs 1.7 and both look great! Dr. Crowe was pleased at their weight as they both individually weigh as much as a single baby.
 
 
Baby A-Aiden

Baby B-Taylor
 
May 30, 2013 (28 weeks)
Before I was released from the hospital, I had another ultrasound.  These are the pictures from that US. Everything looked great and the babies measured 2.6 and 2.9oz. (Average weight for a baby at this stage is 2.22oz.) We are thrilled that they are healthy and growing!
 

 
 

2 comments: