Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What to do?




I wanted to give an update on our infertility status.  After we were prompted to cancel our first IVF cycle, because the medications didn't work like the doctor wanted them to, we were frustrated and had a hard time deciding what to do next.  We aren't getting the money that we spent on Emily's first round of medications back but we still have a majority of the funds left for the IVF cycle itself.  We decided that we would do another cycle now based on what the doctor told us concerning Emily's endometriosis growing back.  I have posted about how difficult the Holidays are for us and we were glad that our IVF cycle was scheduled to by done (one way or another) by the end of October.  Now, it seems that we will get the news about 2 weeks before Christmas.  Another addition to the roller coaster that we have been on for over 3 years.  I ran across an article that I wish I could share with everyone that knows our situation.  It is written by a woman who was unable to have children herself and has now adopted but it covers the "What to do" concerning infertile couples.  Honestly, I think we could all use a "What to do" on issues that would help us to treat others as they want to be treated.  Anyhow, the link is here: (http://www.resolve.org/support-and-services/for-family--friends/infertility-etiquette.html). 


As far as where we are now, if I am being honest, we are exhausted.  I know Emily is tired of the injections (4 a day), I am tired of waiting, we are worn out from the "What if's", and are really tired of people feeling sorry for us.  Infertility is no fun.  We have decided that we will go through with this cycle and be done with fertility treatments.  In Psalms 38 David cries out to God saying "I am completely exhausted and crushed...You know what I long for Lord...I am waiting for you Lord, You must answer me...Come quickly..."  I know David wasn't crying out because he wanted his wife to get pregnant but I really related to his honest, heartfelt cries.  I also relate with the following chapter, verse 7, when he says "Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you."  Wow.  What amazing faith!  David went through alot but what I love most about him is that he was honest with God.  We can learn alot from his life.  Too many times I feel like God has put a burden on us and walked away.  I think He wants us to be honest with Him.  Its okay to tell Him how you feel but know that He will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).  I am so thankful for how God has strengthened our faith through this journey.  I am also grateful for how so many people have supported us for so long now.  Please pray for us over the next few weeks that regardless of the outcome, God will get glory.  Thank you for taking the time to read this and to try to understand a bit more.  If there is any way that we can help you or encourage you please let us know.  

2 comments:

  1. Jared, thanks for sharing. We all face different trials in our lives and though we can't relate to everything directly, especially what you are going through, it is healthy for you to express (be honest like David) and for us to hear about your journey. It has helped me to read your honest comments and see how God is working in your life through some difficult challenges. It isn't easy and don't suppose it will get any easier, but know there are others praying for you. I can relate to the not wanting others to "feel sorry for you" feeling. This was a tough thing for me, but I felt like maybe that it was apart of really getting to a level of humbleness that allowed me to really rely on God.
    Gregory Ruff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the holidays can be sooo hard for couples in the middle of infertility! Our "two week waits" always seemed to end on or around a holiday.:( Will be praying for extra peace and comfort for you both during this upcoming season (along with prayers for your own little miracle baby!) As well, as for the people that you will be around - that they speak only words of comfort and wisdom. I have always found this scripture verse to be very helpful during many of life's "waiting" time: Habakkuk 2:3"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, SURELY, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late BY A SINGLE DAY."

    ReplyDelete