Monday, December 3, 2012

Mother's/Father's Day

  
(Hit play on the video first)


   Emily and I are having our first ever (and prayerfully last) embryo transfer tomorrow.  As excited as we are about finally being to this point in our journey, we are hesitant to get overly optimistic.  We have received such encouragement from so many people but some very touching words over the past 24 hours.  Some very special people, whom we have come into contact with through our infertility journey, both reminded us that regardless of the outcome from this IVF cycle tomorrow, at least for a little while, we will be parents to our own little babies.  I had never really thought about it like that before.  What an awesome thought!  We know that (one way or another) we will be parents someday but tomorrow we celebrate our own Mother's/Father's Day.

We understand that regardless of what happens in the future, God has transformed both of our lives and taken us to a place of 100% reliance on Him.  I pray that everyone who reads this can come to this place easier than we did, but know that it is a place full of peace, hope, safety, and more love than any earthly child could ever bring to our lives. 

The song in the video below has been one of our anchors.  A line that we have clung to says, "You are everything you've promised, your faithfulness is true."  The name of the song is "Waiting Here For You" and couldn't more accurately describe the past 3+years for us.  Beleiving that there is a reason for the bad times isn't easy but man is it powerful! We appreciate any prayers that you can give us over the next few weeks but we know that God hasn't taken us to this place to abandon us.  In a year from now, babies or no babies, He will be first.  I pray that if anyone is reading this now and struggling/searching/waiting for something of your own that you stop pretending that you can handle it on your own.  Trust me, I tried...
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. So very proud of you, Jared. We wait with you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jared is such a fine man; God has blessed us so much with him being a part of our family and the beloved husband of our precious Yittle Gurl, Emmy. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. I too am waiting with you with my arms held high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring and touching entry. Jared, I am praying for you and Emily, and waiting with eager anticipation. May God bless you, and grant you the desire of your heart!! Vicki Layne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Heavenly Father already has His plan in place; such inspiring words you speak and so true. May God richly bless you and Emmy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. I know with all of my heart that God has huge things in store for both of you and your babies. I hope that Darrel and I are blessed to see all of this unfold. It has been glorious watching God work in your lives thus far!! Much love and prayers!! Darrel and Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping in. I'm glad I can keep informed through you, Emily, but I'll try and do better about reading this too!

    ReplyDelete