Friday, July 6, 2012

Check Please.



  I just wanted to write a quick post to give some encouragement. I have found recently that the further into this infertility struggle Emily and I get the more fulfilled we are by God's presence. It is crazy to think that just a few short years ago I thought I had it all figured out. I was at a job that was going to benefit Emily with a Master's degree and get me experience that would propel me to where I wanted to go next. That's when it happened for me. Brokenness. Out of no where.


   My cousin gave me a great analogy that God is an AWESOME hockey player. So just as you are skating along thinking that you have the game all figured out He comes out of no where and SLAMS you into the glass. You can't breathe, you hurt, you don't really know what just happened. But there He is to help you up. He may then just tell you to go sit down for a bit, He can handle it.


   God takes us all to a place where we have a decision to make, give up and let Him have control or keep fooling ourselves that we are the ones making things happen in our lives. It is one thing to thank God for His blessings, it is another thing to get out of the way completely and let Him have all credit for everything in your life. He may get your attention through suffering. If so, stop wondering "Why me?" Romans 8:16-17 says that we are heirs of God (inheriting all that He has) , this means we are heirs WITH Christ, and our suffering with Him allows us to be to glorified with Him. After all, He was humiliated, suffered and died for us. Our suffering may not benefit us either, but it will benefit someone, somehow if you allow God to use you. If not, suffering will seem like nothing more than misery and hope will get farther and farther away. Keep your head up (literally) and stay in the game. Life is a team sport, no one can succeed on their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment